Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat

Moped parts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moped parts

Post by duce dave on Fri Aug 05 2011, 00:11

I've been swapping out parts from a FA Suzuki 50cc on to my 66cc. RAW so fare just the head, reed, controls, horn and tail light. I'm thinking about the crank and rod next but that's mill work that I can't do for my self. Pit bike stuff is nice to like the new expansion chamber for only $22 + shipping
I'm a daily rider and I want the motor to hold up so lets mod for speed, power and (reliability) so lets share what tougher and faster moped parts have you used?
Street tough and race ready what do you have?

duce dave
Newbie

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Birthday : 1966-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-29
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by DuctTapedGoat on Fri Aug 05 2011, 02:01

Right on, that's awesome! I'd love to see some pics.

Those Raw's are nice, eh?

I'm going to try to do up a Garelli motor on a bicycle, but it needs a lot of work, and I need 100 bucks before it's mine.

_________________
I'm a duct-taped goat.
avatar
DuctTapedGoat
Admin

Posts : 79
Reputation : 6
Birthday : 1986-03-03
Join date : 2009-06-16
Age : 31
Location : Treasure Valley, Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by duce dave on Fri Aug 05 2011, 12:48

DuctTapedGoat wrote:Right on, that's awesome! I'd love to see some pics.

Those Raw's are nice, eh?

I'm going to try to do up a Garelli motor on a bicycle, but it needs a lot of work, and I need 100 bucks before it's mine.
Well that's the way I do it cheap or not at all no deep pockets here as for pics I'll have to learn how to do that soon I guess

duce dave
Newbie

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Birthday : 1966-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-29
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by DuctTapedGoat on Fri Aug 05 2011, 12:53

http://www.motorizedbikeforum.the-talk.net/t184-how-to-get-an-image-posted

I wrote this up the other day, it's kinda tricky in this forum until I get the galleries up.

_________________
I'm a duct-taped goat.
avatar
DuctTapedGoat
Admin

Posts : 79
Reputation : 6
Birthday : 1986-03-03
Join date : 2009-06-16
Age : 31
Location : Treasure Valley, Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by duce dave on Fri Aug 05 2011, 22:01

DuctTapedGoat wrote:http://www.motorizedbikeforum.the-talk.net/t184-how-to-get-an-image-posted

I wrote this up the other day, it's kinda tricky in this forum until I get the galleries up.

Built this http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9799/rect.jpg going to try it tomorrow I'm hoping to get rid of some of my batteries with the lighting signals and horn off a moped batteries die fast 6v. nicade

duce dave
Newbie

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Birthday : 1966-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-29
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by DuctTapedGoat on Sat Aug 06 2011, 00:28

I've been considering testing out some Coleman brand lantern batteries. 6v batteries and a 6v shunt on the accessory wire should be enough to get things going well to run some 12v LED setups. Tricky part would be wiring up an SCR to where if voltage was less than 12v nothing runs, or else my battery won't last a single season.

_________________
I'm a duct-taped goat.
avatar
DuctTapedGoat
Admin

Posts : 79
Reputation : 6
Birthday : 1986-03-03
Join date : 2009-06-16
Age : 31
Location : Treasure Valley, Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by duce dave on Sat Aug 06 2011, 11:37

[quote="duce dave"]
DuctTapedGoat wrote:Right on, that's awesome! I'd love to see some pics.

Those Raw's are nice, eh?
Well the castings are clean you just match port no need to carve out junk in the ports and the bearings are the better quality ones besides that I don't know for sure but I suspect there better then a lot of the motor out there.

duce dave
Newbie

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Birthday : 1966-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-29
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by duce dave on Mon Aug 08 2011, 19:16

DuctTapedGoat wrote:I've been considering testing out some Coleman brand lantern batteries. 6v batteries and a 6v shunt on the accessory wire should be enough to get things going well to run some 12v LED setups. Tricky part would be wiring up an SCR to where if voltage was less than 12v nothing runs, or else my battery won't last a single season.
heck use two 6v's in series-
My rectifier work but the diodes burnt-I'll go heaver

duce dave
Newbie

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Birthday : 1966-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-29
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by duce dave on Wed Aug 10 2011, 00:02

duce dave wrote:
DuctTapedGoat wrote:I've been considering testing out some Coleman brand lantern batteries. 6v batteries and a 6v shunt on the accessory wire should be enough to get things going well to run some 12v LED setups. Tricky part would be wiring up an SCR to where if voltage was less than 12v nothing runs, or else my battery won't last a single season.
heck use two 6v's in series-my moped controls are 6v.so I run 6v. 5x1.2v. nickel cadmium high beam is fine low beam is just for show
My rectifier worked but the diodes burnt-I'll go heaver
go chargeable power tool batteries work

duce dave
Newbie

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Birthday : 1966-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-29
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by DuctTapedGoat on Wed Aug 10 2011, 00:57

It'd be worth it to try, and it'd be fun making a receiving end for it. It'd take a bit of work to wire up a charger off the alternator/magneto white wire on these china motors though.

_________________
I'm a duct-taped goat.
avatar
DuctTapedGoat
Admin

Posts : 79
Reputation : 6
Birthday : 1986-03-03
Join date : 2009-06-16
Age : 31
Location : Treasure Valley, Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by duce dave on Wed Aug 10 2011, 16:50

DuctTapedGoat wrote:It'd be worth it to try, and it'd be fun making a receiving end for it. It'd take a bit of work to wire up a charger off the alternator/magneto white wire on these china motors though.

GO HERE ------ http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9799/rect.jpg -----!!!!!!!!

duce dave
Newbie

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Birthday : 1966-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-29
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by Fabian on Wed Jan 18 2012, 07:32

More photos please

Fabian
MxBF Power User

Posts : 338
Reputation : 3
Birthday : 1970-09-03
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by elgallo on Thu Dec 19 2013, 21:13

Puch head works for high compression.
avatar
elgallo
Newbie

Posts : 37
Reputation : 0
Birthday : 1983-10-23
Join date : 2013-12-18
Age : 33
Location : san antonio tx

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by mercadion on Sat Dec 20 2014, 12:40

They make a second part to go in the magneto case that will give you 12v, when I find it again Ill post it. From there I use a jetski battery so it would hold up, I havent had to disconnect it once in 3 months, the motor takes care of the charge just fine. All I had to do was wire in a switch to kill the lights while starting it, I run yamaha dirt bike head an tail lights off of it. With a lil resister work you could easily run a moped head, tail, an horn off a marine battery with very little draw.

mercadion
Newbie

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Birthday : 1986-04-22
Join date : 2014-12-04
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by elgallo on Tue Feb 24 2015, 15:52

mercadion wrote:They make a second part to go in the magneto case that will give you 12v, when I find it again Ill post it. From there I use a jetski battery so it would hold up, I havent had to disconnect it once in 3 months, the motor takes care of the charge just fine. All I had to do was wire in a switch to kill the lights while starting it, I run yamaha dirt bike head an tail lights off of it. With a lil resister work you could easily run a moped head, tail, an horn off a marine battery with very little draw.

i was wondering if you can upload pics, i would like to see what your setup is like. i want to setup lights and all for night riding.
come to find out that around here San Antonio TX i can run around with almost no issues with the law. only that i am saf3e and abide by traffic laws.
avatar
elgallo
Newbie

Posts : 37
Reputation : 0
Birthday : 1983-10-23
Join date : 2013-12-18
Age : 33
Location : san antonio tx

Back to top Go down

Re: Moped parts

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum